BACKGROUND

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I realise I haven't blogged much lately, been trying to finish my autumnal wall hanging and also had a visitor from Canada come over, my best friends mum actually, so it's been a bit busy around here. Dawne was in the UK for 2 weeks doing a tour of the UK and she stayed with us for a couple of days. We took her around Liverpool to see the sites and one day over to Conwy, North Wales (love Conwy Castle), then down to London.. it was a nice break. While in London we took in a show called Dreamboats & Petticoats which was pretty good actually. We really got into the music (I love all kinds of music). So we were rockin to the 50's & 60's music.

Well, I've finished my wall hanging... finally! It looks really good actually. I'm quite surprised at how well it turned out and like I said before I have NO experience in sewing/quilting.. YouTube is how I learned. Mainly watched Missouri Quilt Co vids plus a couple of others from The DIY Dish. You gotta check them out if your new to quilting / sewing and or looking for inspiration.

The finished picture

While I'm on the subject of YouTube, there's another person who I subscribe to and watch all the time.. she's all about make-up. Her link is MakeupByTiffanyD   She has a lot of make-up tutorials plus product reviews and a few little extras.. she's pretty cool. Anyway, thought I'd share that with you guys.

Happy Autumn everyone!  xx

1 comment:

Mom said...

I like the way you put the combo of fall things together on this, it is very nice, good job. : )